Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Menu Monday on Tuesday and Applesauce Cake Recipe

It's Tuesday and I totally missed Monday's post.  We had chicken drama yesterday and I spent the whole day ourside being a referee.  Yeesh...

This week is a bit different.  My mother in law is visiting and she has supplied us with her extra food and the mechanic will be gone a bit later in the week taking her to the city and catching her flight home.

But we still gotta eat so here's the plan:

Breakfast - Eggs (on toast and burritos), overnight oats and homemade granola

Lunch and Dinner - Smothered burritos, beans on toast, and pizza bites

Snacks and Dessert - Applesauce cake and snickerdoodles

All of it sounds so yummy!  While I have all the ingredients out I will make some quick mixes with the applesauce cake, snickerdoodles and pizza bites.

Here is my favorite recipe for Applesauce Cake.  It's wonderful with cream cheese frosting and I change it up by using cannned pumpkin.  I also use pumpkin pie or apple pie spice instead of measuring out all the spices each time.

Applesauce Cake

2 1/2 c flour
2 c sugar 
1 1/2 tsp baking soda and baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups applesauce
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Grease a 9x13 dish and bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees.  Easy and Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment