Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Menu Monday on Tuesday - Again! and my Snickerdoodle Recipe

Life is almost normal again!  So excited to get back into my routine and enjoy the slow, easy, countrified life I love.  All of our visiting family has left.  It was a wonderful visit with them but I just do not do well without my routine.

Here's what I am planning on feeding my family this week.  It is a bit different for us because my mother in law requested we clean out her fridge and use up what she left behind.  

Breakfast: SMOOTHIES (a must -- the beets  need to be pulled out of the garden), eggs and toast or omelets
Our hens are still laying plenty of eggs!


Lunch and Dinner:  BBQ Beef sandwiches with roasted veggies, Pizza and Beans on Toast

Snacks/Desserts:  Pumpkin Bread and Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodle Cookies

 Snickerdoodles have a special place in my heart.  They were my dad's favorite cookie and the first cookie I ever made as a child.  Here is the recipe that I have been making for over 40 years.

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening (but I typically use all butter)
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

3 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon (mix these two ingredients in a separate bowl)

Combine sugar, butter, shortening and eggs.  Mix well.  Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and mix again.  Form dough into one inch balls.

Roll dough balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and bake 8-10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment