Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Homestead Happenings September 14

Every Wednesday I will  post what kept me busy during the week and share my pictures.  I admit, technically we do not live on a homestead but we have the mindset of one.  We endeavor to use our land and animals to sustain us and growing each year in faith, knowledge and developing a deeper, self-sustaining lifestyle.

It has finally been a relaxing week and I feel good (I knew that I would now)!  This past week I completely slowed down and enjoyed hanging out with Stormy and homeschooling and becoming a new chick owner.  So far we have four tiny, fuzzy butts in our hen house.

Horrible lighting and a fighting mama hen makes for a bad photo.

We started to clean up our yard and I dumped some leave in with the chickens.  They loved scratching through the pile.  I also started gathering up my flower pots to see if I can  harvest any seeds for next year.

With life so easy it was simple to keep up on fermenting the chicken feed and baking egg shells to feed back to them.
Free source of calcium.

Fermented feed saves money and is healthier for the chickens.
The past two days I have been taking inventory on our eBay store and started listing Christmas music.  So while I should be working on this...
I keep getting distracted by this, which is what I see whenever I look up from my computer...
Hen house and I know there are new chicks in there...
 So I made a big cup of this to keep me focused.  Mmmmm, english toffee cappuccino...
And I got to indulge in my love of Christmas music in September.  I just do not believe that wonderful songs like Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring should be limited to a season or anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra should ever be limited.
Christmas music 

A very good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment