Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Tonic & Album Covers

It is finally Spring here in Alaska, and it's a beautiful Spring with lots of sun and very little rain.  Alaskans look forward to Spring more than most I suspect.  The winters wear you down with the cold and dark.  As a matter of fact, someone said that the sun was a tonic to our bodies and soul.  When I heard the word tonic, I thought of something else....
Tonic Lemon Parade

Tonic Sugar         
Now, you probably know me well enough to know that I'm going to say that I love this band.  But it is a recent love affair.  Now, I remember hearing some of the songs on the radio years ago but I never listened to a Tonic album until a few years ago and it was actually the artwork that encouraged me.  I simply adore all of their album covers.  It's not the only band that has suckered me in that way, here's another one that I listened to just today and again, I chose to list  and listen to it because of the cover.
Alta May
If you like pure hard rock, you should give these guys a listen.  There's a lot of talent there.  Looking around, I noticed that there are not a lot of their CDs out there, so I posted it right away.  Better in the hands of a fan than sitting on my shelf.

Now it's time to go soak in some of that sun tonic, and maybe enjoy yet another kind of tonic, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment