Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bring Back the Hair Bands!

Growing up in the 80's, in the backwoods of Alaska, there wasn't much to look forward to each week.  Except one sweet thing...Friday Night Videos. Each week, I'd wait in anticipation, with a plate of nachos in one hand and a Cherry Coke in the other, anxious to see which videos were in the line-up. That is when I fell in love with the hair bands.   I mean, what's not to love?  Hot guys, in tight spandex, with long, permed, blond hair, dripping in sweat.  Yum.  Now, I would tolerate the pop stars: Cyndi Lauper, Madonna and Michael Jackson were regulars on FNV, but my heart would beat faster when these guys appeared:
Van Halen

AC/DC

Def Leppard

Def Leppard 
Yum, Yum, Yummy. 

Go ahead, buy the CD, slip into some spandex and rock on!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment