Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My Frugal Reading List for August

I think sitting down and reading a book is becoming a lost skill. Personally I find myself falling into the easy habit of watching videos or listening to a book on tape.  Nothing at all wrong with that but nothing beats opening up a book and losing yourself in a story.

My goal through the busy summer is to read a book each month.  Winters are made for reading and I like to read a book a week huddle under a warm blanket.  Here's what I've been reading this month.  I do like to have several books going at once including a classic, a fiction and non-fiction choice and a read aloud to Stormy.
.
The classic book I am reading right now is also my fiction choice. Dune by Frank Herbert.
It's been twenty years since my last attempt to read this book.  The movie just ruined it for me.  I must say that I am quite enjoying the read as long as I block out all images of the movie.  





My non-fiction choice is Trance-formation of America by Cathy O'Brien.  I have been wanting to read it since I watched her YouTube videos.  I snagged it up on my Kindle when it went on sale for $8.00  This book is not for the faint hearted.  It covers her tragic life as a MK Ultra slave.  You can read many of my earlier posts about my research into MK Ultra mind control and just how corrupt our government is.  In her book she tells all about her encounters with the Presidents Ford, Reagan, Bush and Clinton as well as many entertainers especially in the country music realm.   Please know that this book contains material dealing with child sexual abuse and satanic ritual abuse.  Be aware that it is explicit.

My read aloud with Stormy is Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Still a favorite of mine and always will be.


I've been very frugal lately with buying books.  With the exception of the Kindle book, I haven't bought a book for months and I don't plan to.  My next set of books are already on my shelf.  Go frugal me!

Lovin' Life with a good book in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment