Saturday, January 31, 2015

Monthly Goals - The Nap Edition

January is a tough month for me up here in Alaska.  The holidays are over and you are back to the grind without the thought of another long weekend from work for months.  I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark and that inspires me to take lots of naps.  Since giving up coffee, I truly am energized by light.

I did OK with my goal list.  Could have been better with the store business side of things and I ignored some cleaning chores but in order to take so many naps, something had to give.

Let's see how I did during my awake periods....

1.  Read at least one book a month.  I stomped this one!  Here are the books I read.



Not only did I read Trim and Healthy Mama, I started the plan today.  So far so good and I will let you know how I do.  I hated the Wideacre book, and that is being nice.  The main woman in the book was just pure evil all the time and I read it to the end just to make sure someone killed her.  It had explicit themes in it, mostly incest, that I could live with out.  The bad news is that I bought the whole series and now have to decide if I want to try the second book or burn them.  I'm leaning toward door number 2, at least that way we will have a warm fire.

I read a couple books on my kindle.  They were both free and I love that.  Unfortunately both of the books I read are part of a series that I will have to purchase if I want to know what's next.

An Untamed Land by Lauraine Snelling was excellent and I have already request the entire Red River series on the paperback swap.  I was able to snag a couple more free kindle books from her so I'm excited to read the next one.  I read another kindle book that I can't seem to track down now, Thinking I might have deleted it already.  It was a good book, but not good enough to buy or spend my paperback swap credits on.

Here is what I am currently reading.



The Tightwad Gazette is great and fun to read.  I can always use more frugal tips!  I'm still reading Atlas Shrugged.  I like it but I don't find it easy to read and I spend a lot of time re-reading parts.  Exo-Vaticana is an end times Bible prophecy book.  End times prophecy is one of my passions, especially when it deals with aliens.  Did you know that X-Files was my favorite TV show?  On the Kindle I am reading The Frugal American Housewife.  Not sure when it was written but I'm guessing mid-1800's and it is great.  I'm not sure what she is talking about a lot of the time but I think the old ways are definitely  wiser.  I now know how to boil a pig head because apparently the cheeks are delicious.

2.  List 5 new items and craft one new item to sell.  As far as my goals for Spindrift Gifts, I was able to list more than 5 new items and most of them have already sold but here is a few things that are still available.


I am about ready to list another pair of the pedicure socks, we have a lot of CDs left and I have no clue why we have a book on Syphilis.  Feel free to drop into our store and shop or not.  In February I will be listing more cameras, DVDs, iPods and new hand-crafted items.

That's just a couple of my monthly goals.  How are you doing with yours?

Lovin' life and it's time for a siesta .

No comments:

Post a Comment